Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Jacob 1

(February 12, 2014)
Sometimes reading the scriptures leads to thoughts that are far afield of the actual text that I am reading.  For example, my thoughts today carried me to consider the nature of the hereafter – what life will actually be like without death and serving the Lord forever.  My mind was spurred on this course by Jacob’s comments about entering into the rest of the Lord, but as I considered it left me pondering just what it must be like.

For some reason, my thoughts led me to feel as though the Veil was very thin at that particular moment.  I feel like I came to some understandings – I don’t know whether through revelation or whether it is just my own mind (and for that reason, I do not dare share the impressions that I felt), but they are significant.  But even if my understanding of the how might or might not be correct, the what (afterlife) feels very real to me at this moment – accompanied by the Spirit, testifying that at least that portion of my thoughts are true.

No comments:

Post a Comment