Thursday, February 13, 2014

Genesis 36

(February 13, 2014)
My eyes used to glaze over at these genealogy chapters, and to be honest they still somewhat do.  But since I have been reading about the history of books and their importance, I realize that the scriptures must contain a genealogy, because that what part of what made the sacred book a codex that established the authority and legitimacy of the person who held it.  I can better understand why these sorts of lists where included now that I know a little more.  And I think that is probably common with most of the things that we don’t understand in the scriptures – they bother us until we get a little more knowledge, and then we understand them.  Then, as we get even more knowledge, we begin to gain benefit from them.

No comments:

Post a Comment