Monday, February 3, 2014

2 Nephi 20-22

(February 3, 2014)
I had two thoughts with my reading today.  The first was found in 2 Nephi 21:3 – both how correct it was and how difficult it is to actually accomplish.  Nearly all of what we judge people based upon is predicated upon what we see or hear – and this includes what we see them do to us and what we hear them do to us.  If a person confronts us, yells at us, and threatens us, we feel justified in judging that person – especially if we are not in the wrong.  But we aren’t really correct in doing that – we are judging based upon the sight of our eyes or the hearing of our ears.  Any amount of judging we do here in mortality is evidence of our failure to understand the fear of the Lord.

The second thought was on the language of Chapter 22.  I find that language so uplifting – I would so like to be in the place spiritually where I felt compelled to praise the Lord, to call upon His name continually, to sing of His excellent works, and to cry out of His greatness in the midst of us.  Fear, doubt, and weakness prevent me from doing that, but how I would love to sacrifice them on the altar and so to receive the blessing that is the capacity to worship the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment