Sunday, July 13, 2014

1 Nephi 14

(July 13, 2014)
                One of the things that comes out frequently is the great divide between light and darkness that accompanies the Restoration.  But that is something that I really haven’t ever experienced in my life.  Instead, I find myself torn between light and darkness, striving to embrace the light and feeling the inertia of the darkness.  I grow stronger in my efforts (I am a better man than I was a decade ago, or even a year ago), but I still struggle with so very much.

                But I suppose that is part and parcel of the Gospel.  If we are willing to continue to try to live it, eventually our efforts (combined with Grace) will allow the Atonement to overcome our natures.  If, on the other hand, we turn away because of the pain or the difficulty of the road we are obliged to travel, we will condemn ourselves to the blindness and hardness of our hearts.


                I am very often blind, and my heart is often hard, but it is my hope that I will not be delivered up to that blindness and hardness because of my desire to receive peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment