Saturday, July 26, 2014

2 Nephi 5

(July 26, 2014)
                We live in a time of unparalleled luxury and ease in our modern society.  Do we realize that this capacity that we have for idleness is a cursing, rather than a blessing?  When we have an evening off, that is a blessing.  When we have every evening off, that becomes a cursing.  As we become idle, we find ourselves losing the Spirit and falling away from the Lord.


                The good news is that the removal of this curse is available to each of us.  Whatever our situation is, there is something that we can be doing right now to be productive and useful.  In the last few weeks, I have found myself in the position of having far more free time than would probably be good for me, but I have been able to fill that time with productive and meaningful activities – and, by so doing, I have received protection and a great deal more happiness than I believe I would have had if I had wasted that time in idleness.

No comments:

Post a Comment