Wednesday, July 16, 2014

1 Nephi 15

(July 14, 2014)
                It is stunning to me just how frequently I will fail to inquire of the Lord.  I have been going through a period of trial in my life, and I am struggling to understand why some things have happened the way that they have happened.  I have knelt in prayer for long periods of time, telling the Lord how I didn’t understand and don’t understand.  And yet, somehow and someway, in all of those prayers I never got around to asking the Lord to help me understand.  It astounded me when I read this chapter and realized that.


                Since then, I have felt an increase in comfort (though not understanding) as I have poured out my heart to God and then listened for His response.  It is amazing what such a simple change can do and I am disappointed in myself that I failed for so long to pray as I ought to.  I looked to be understood by God, and not to understand God.

No comments:

Post a Comment