Sunday, July 13, 2014

2 Samuel 2-3

(July 5, 2014)
                As can be expected, my mind was drawn to the accusation against Abner.  Whether it was false or not, I don’t know.  But it is clear that Ishbosheth was wrong to condemn Abner for pretentions to the throne (which was clearly his worry in regards to Abner) – after all, had Abner truly set his sights upon the throne he could have acted well in advance of this time period.


                But what struck me was the destruction that this caused.  As a direct result of Ishbosheth’s accusations against Abner, the kingship of Saul’s line came to an end, and additionally Abner and Ishbosheth were also killed.  I have learned in the last several weeks how destructive accusations can be – there is a reason why Satan is described as the Great Accuser.  I can only hope the Lord protects me and my family from a similar destructive fate.

No comments:

Post a Comment