Monday, April 21, 2014

Alma 9

(March 21, 2014)
Sometimes I am reminded of just how hard life can be.  Reading through this chapter, for some reason my mind centered on the struggles that I was having in my life.  I think it might have had something to do with the fact that Alma is speaking of the mercies of the Lord to all of those who call out to Him.  I have felt those mercies, but in my wicked nature I have not felt them to the extent that I would like to.  I want more comfort, more peace, more faith and knowledge.  I see the challenges in front of me, and I wish that the Lord would take them all away.

Of course, that is pure foolishness.  I know that intellectually, but emotionally it is still something that I want.  I want perfect faith approaching knowledge, so that the challenges of life aren’t as challenging.  But we are here to be tested – I understand that.  So like Alma, I sin in my wish even when my wish is to be closer to the Lord and to better feel His presence.  So I will continue to call upon His name in hopes that, in the end, I will be embraced by Him and enter into His rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment