Monday, April 21, 2014

Leviticus 15

(March 28, 2014)
When I liken the scriptures to myself, I always look at them in two ways.  First, I put myself in the mindset of a listener in the time the scriptures were given – what did they know and how would they have received what was taught.  This is, I think, the way that the scriptures yield the most insights.

But the second way I try to liken the scriptures to myself is to put myself back in the scriptures knowing what I know now.  This leads, from time to time, to some interesting thoughts.  For example, knowing what I know about how disease spreads and so forth, would I have obeyed the laws presented in this chapter?  Or would I have thought that I understood their purpose and obeyed the ‘higher law’ that I thought they represented?

No comments:

Post a Comment