Monday, April 21, 2014

Numbers 2

(April 6, 2014)
I looked at these orderings to see if there were any eternal principles to discern from them.  I looked to see if this arrangement was somehow better than all other arrangements.  And, with my limited understanding, I cannot say yes to either question.  So what does that mean?  Especially in light of the last verse of this chapter – that this was the word of the Lord and the people of Israel were obedient to it?  What it means for me is that sometimes things don’t have to be perfectly done – sometimes the Priesthood is a delegation of Divine Authority into imperfect hands.  Moses was not perfect, but if he was assigned this job by the Lord then the results of his best efforts were the will of the Lord.  And Israel was correct to follow what he set out.

No comments:

Post a Comment