Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Alma 40

(October 15, 2014)
                Whenever I read about judgment following this life, my mind will often turn to wishing that I just had the capacity to see the end from the beginning.  If the Veil wasn’t there, I would find everything so much easier to handle in mortality.  But as I think about it, I realize that this isn’t a bug, it is a feature (and my mind seems to go through the same process again and again each time – when I reach the conclusion, it makes me feel silly that I went through it again).

                If I knew the end from the beginning, things would be easy.  Too easy.  What would the challenge be if I knew the end from the beginning?  The very reason I would want to know everything is the very reason that I cannot possibly be allowed to know the end from the beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment