Thursday, October 23, 2014

Psalms 1-6

(October 21, 2014)
                David, for all his flaws, demonstrates a powerful truth – we can stay faithful even when things are going horribly wrong.  David was faithful when Saul was trying to kill him.  He was faithful when Absalom was trying to kill him.  He stayed faithful in the desert and in the wilderness.  He was faithful standing against Goliath.  In fact, his moment of weakness and failure happened when he was a king comfortably residing in his kingdom.


                Looking at things in this way, I am more inclined to be grateful for my struggles and adversity because I could not predict how I would handle the successes that I might envision in my dreams.  In my adversity, however, I am grounded and maintain my faith in the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment