Sunday, October 26, 2014

Psalms 29-31

(October 26, 2014)
                I felt particularly moved as I read through chapter 31 today.  There are sometimes when reading the scriptures, it really seems as though they were written just for me and my life.  I feel as though I have gone through my share of grief, and spent a fair amount of time lately in sighing.  Much of my strength was lost because of my iniquity (finally, blessedly, lessened).  I am certainly reproached among my neighbors.  I am forgotten as a dead man out of mind.

                I have felt the slander of many, and there are those who take counsel against me even now.  While I hope no one is devising to take away my life, it is certainly a large amount of adversity in my life.

                But the blessing is that I trust in the Lord, and He really is taking care of me.  The challenges that I am facing are no better than they were months ago (there are reasons to feel them worse), but I am able to handle these challenges so much better than I could a few months ago.  I have been blessed by being given significantly more strength than I had back then.


                That seems to be the lesson of this chapter – if we trust in the Lord, He will bless and take care of us.  That is something that I can testify to and confirm.

No comments:

Post a Comment