Tuesday, December 8, 2015

3 Nephi 26-27

(December 6, 2015)
                There is a common refrain that I frequently hear from those opposed to the idea of a the Gospel that a loving Heavenly Father would not have designed a Plan that would result in so many of His children not returning to live with Him.  Some of those who believe this end of leaving the faith (saying that the Gospel must not be true), and other try to enlarge the faith (saying that the gate must not be as narrow as we think that it is).

                I have even seen articles that have taken the perspective that, ultimately, all (or almost all) of us will ultimately be Exalted.  While that is a delightful thought (and I wouldn’t mind at all if it were true), I don’t think that we can justify that perspective from the scriptures.


                The reality is that the gate is narrow and the way is hard.  If there was an easier way, chances are God would have worked that into His Plan.  But there isn’t, and the older I get the better I am able to understand why.  When we try to refashion the Gospel into something universal (rather than universally applicable) we cease worship God and following His Plan and instead worship our own ideas of what the plan ought to be.

2 comments:

  1. This is great., and feels correct. And. . I wish more could make it. . Truly. .

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great., and feels correct. And. . I wish more could make it. . Truly. .

    ReplyDelete