Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Helaman 15-16

(November 17, 2015)
                There are those (and I put myself into this category during my weaker moments) who seem to believe that all they would need in order to be unshakably converted to the Gospel would be to see miracles (or more miracles).  Of course, that is not true at all – we can see evidence of that scripturally (Laman saw an angel, and where did that get him?) or anecdotally from my life (I have seen miracles that lack any naturalistic explanation, and yet I nearly lost my testimony at one point).


                In this chapter, we see another example of that principle.  People who once believed were regressing into unbelief despite continued and more miracles.  Miracles can bless our lives, and they can teach us important truths, but they are not something that can convert us.  Only turning our wills over to God can accomplish that.

No comments:

Post a Comment