Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Ether 3

(December 19, 2014)
                The brother of Jared, when he approached the Lord, was not looking for a grand miracle (in his mind).  Instead, he was looking for something small unto his understanding but which he knew could accomplish great things.  But what he experienced was anything but small – because he was looking for the small miracle with faith (ready to see it), he was blessed to see and experience the grand miracle.


                In apply that to my own life.  As I spend my days looking at what is happening in my life and trying to spot the small miracles, I find myself experiencing the grand miracles in addition to the small ones.  That has always been a question that I have wondered about – why should I experience the miracles that I experience? – but this may well be my answer.  Because I am willing to see and be grateful to the small and simple miracles they both fill me with faith and prepare me to experience the greater things the Lord sees fit to show me.

No comments:

Post a Comment