Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Isaiah 10-12

(December 18, 2014)
                There are two things that seem to go together in prophecies of the Last Days – calamities and the joy of the faithful.  When I was younger, I really wondered how those two things could go together the way that they did.  I then passed through a stage when I thought that the calamities would be happening to other people, and the righteous would still be happy because they were spared the destruction around them.


                Now, however, I have come to realize that there will be destruction among everyone (the Lord will cause the rain to fall upon the just and the unjust).  The difference, then, will be the righteous will understand what is happening and will see the winding up for what it is – the progress towards the Kingdom of God being established on Earth.  This, despite the personal and societal calamities, will be a reason to celebrate.

No comments:

Post a Comment