Thursday, December 4, 2014

Proverbs 21-22

(December 4, 2014)
                If I erred on the spectrum between relying on the Lord too much and relying on the arm of flesh too much, I have been relying on the Lord too much.  On the one hand, that is a great thing – the Lord has been so incredible to me that it is beyond words how He has cared for me.  On the other hand, I understand that I need to maintain my faith and trust in the Lord while at the same time doing more and more of my part.  I understand that safety is of the Lord, but we are still obligated to prepare the horse for battle.


                I look at it more and more like a child wanting a treat.  When the child is little, he sits and cries and the father brings him a treat.  Then, as part of his development, he needs to start asking for what he wants rather than merely crying.  Then the child will be required to go and get the treat himself.  Then, finally, the child will be required to earn the treat.  Right now, I feel like I am in the stage where I have finally progressed to asking the Lord for the things that I need – and He is answering those prayers.  I am so grateful that He does, but at the same time I am aware that I want to progress in the ways that He wants me to progress while never losing sight of the fact that I am wholly and completely reliant on Him for everything in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment