Monday, December 1, 2014

Proverbs 10-12

(November 29, 2014)
                These chapters spent time comparing the rewards of the righteous with the rewards of the wicked.  I have long thought that just as the desires of the righteous will be granted, so too will the desires of the wicked be granted.  Therein lies the great demonstration of justice, because what we want we will get.  Those who have not been sanctified, such that they want what God wants, will instead get what they want and it will destroy them and leave them in misery.  Those who are righteous, on the other hand, will want the right things and thus will be blessed.


                I imagine as if my thoughts were a true indication of my level of sanctification.  My thoughts have no external constraints – I can imagine anything that I want to imagine.  In a way, my thoughts are a demonstration of what I would do in my current state if I had the power of God.  In some ways that is good, but in others it is bad.  If I were given what I wanted at this point, it would almost certainly bring me an eternity of misery.  Fortunately, if we are willing, the Lord can change our natures so we want what we should want.

No comments:

Post a Comment