Monday, December 8, 2014

Proverbs 28-29

(December 7, 2014)
                I admit that I know very little of bravery – fear is a pretty debilitating thing for me for a number of reasons – but the only way that I know to get past my fear is through faith in Christ.  It was with this in mind that I was struck by the language that the wicked flees when no one approaches.


                Having lived in sin, I know that the fear is constant whether I am living well or living poorly.  But when I was enmeshed in sin my capacity to deal with the fear was almost completely gone.  I still face many of the same fears today, but I find myself now able to turn towards them and work through them rather than flee from them.  Some of them are, to be honest, just as bad as I thought they were – it isn’t a situation where there was nothing to be afraid of after all – but I am able to deal with the negative consequences, work through things in the proper way, and that is so much more satisfying as a mechanism for dealing with fear.

No comments:

Post a Comment