Saturday, December 27, 2014

Isaiah 26-28

(December 25, 2014)
                Moving and progressing line upon line is something that I struggle with.  I reach the point where I want to improve my life, and I desire that the changes that I want to implement will go into effect quickly.  I want the conversion of Alma the Younger or the conversion of Paul.  To be fair, one of the reasons I feel that way is the fact that the Lord has seen fit to bless me with just such a conversion a couple of times in my life.  But because He gave me dramatic change before doesn’t mean that He will give me dramatic change always.

                Instead I find myself pushing against my weaknesses – taking steps forward and steps back.  Over the course of time with my efforts, I can see the progress that I have made.  It is sometimes slow and painful, but I am a better person now than I was, say, four months ago (even though I have had no similar quick change in those four months).


                Line upon line and precept upon precept is the way that I need to learn to live my life.  I need to develop that patience and continual effort even when that effort seems to accomplish little.  Because as long as I am moving forward, regardless of the speed, I will eventually reach Him over the course of an eternity.

No comments:

Post a Comment