Tuesday, February 3, 2015

2 Nephi 10

(January 29, 2015)
                I loved the idea presented by Jacob that the fact that they were driven out of their land of inheritance was a blessing because they were taken to a new and better land for them to receive.  This was, no doubt, a difficult time for them (later language indicates that they were solitary and lived out their lives as if in a dream), but Jacob recognized that the land would, ultimately, be better for them in the long run.

                That is so similar to each of our lives.  I have been driven out of the place of my inheritance in a very literal way.  The thing most important to me has been denied me – partly because of my mistakes and partly because of the unrighteous or mistaken actions of others – and there is nothing that I can or should do to return to where I expected to live the rest of my life.


                The only thing I have to do is to move forward.  But with each step forward I take, the Lord communicates with me that I am on the right path and He is still with me.  He sends me His tender mercies, designed to indicate to me that my Promised Land is still out there – I am more wandering in the wilderness right now and have yet to build my ship (or even find Bountiful), but I trust in the Lord that it is coming.  This is a far different perspective than I had at other times in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment