Friday, February 20, 2015

Jacob 3-4

(February 14, 2015)
                I wonder how Jacob and the people of Nephi knew that things not written on plates would pass away.  They obviously had seen other writing mediums before (otherwise why reference them), but I suppose those mediums were not similar to the mediums that they knew of from the Old World.  But wouldn’t carving into stone be permanent as well?


                There is something tickling at the back of my mind when it comes to this – there is something else here that I am not getting.  There is an experience, or a cultural situation, or something that would make it clear why they came to this conclusion.  I don’t know what that is (perhaps I never will in mortality), but there is something here.

No comments:

Post a Comment