Monday, February 9, 2015

2 Nephi 28

(February 8, 2015)
                It is certainly intimidating to recognize that we must pursue perfection, and nothing short of that perfection will be permissible.  The further I attempt to go down that road of discipleship, the more I realize how imperfect, broken, and weak I am.  But I think that a large portion of that is mitigated by the paired recognitions that we are obligated to pursue, not acquire, perfection.  And secondly, that we will ultimately acquire perfection, if we pursue it, only through the Grace of Christ.

                Where my problems come in are when I think to myself that I can aspire to be really good, and that will somehow be enough.  I tell myself that I can eliminate this sin and this vice, but hold back this minor sin or vice and still be pretty righteous (and righteous enough, in my estimation).  When I allow my thoughts to operate in that manner, I find myself quickly losing the Spirit and falling apart – leading to far more sin than I ever really considered allowing into my life.


                No, the power of God and the Grace of Christ make themselves manifest in my life only during those times when I really want to give my whole soul to Him as an offering.  I am not to the point where I can make good on that offering yet, but I want to be there.

No comments:

Post a Comment