Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Jeremiah 31

(January 29, 2015)
                The hope that was contained in this chapter really impressed and comforted me today.  My emotions have been all over the place this week, as I have been struggling through some challenges of my own, but this chapter provided a potent reminder that no matter what the mistakes of my past might be, the Lord is still awaiting me with open arms if I am willing to turn myself more fully to Him.


                He brings comfort to all, and hope to all, if we will just choose Him.  He awaits us perfectly.  I wondered a bit about the language that He would only cast off Israel in the event that we knew the details about the heavens and the Earth, and I wondered whether that might be more prophecy than idiom, but even then that is not my situation – I am trying (and, historically, failing) to come to Him and He is still patiently waiting on me to make it to Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment