Monday, February 9, 2015

2 Nephi 26

(February 6, 2015)
                Sometimes we like to fool ourselves into thinking that the Lord works through darkness.  The most common way that I find myself thinking this, is when I consider that the Lord has taught me something through my mistakes and my sins.  Recognizing that the Lord has brought goodness out of my evil and weakness, I then try to make the leap of logic that my sin and my weakness are therefore ‘good’ because of what I have learned through them.


                The reality, of course, is that our lives are never made better through sin.  Instead, the Lord may teach us in our sin and weakness because that is the only way we will allow ourselves to be taught.  We would better learn if we could open our hearts to Him and be humble, but if we cannot manage that on our own He will teach us where we are.  Our lessons will be more painful, and likely not as good, but it is still better to be taught in our darkness than to linger in our darkness.  But it is not our darkness that teaches us, but His light that reaches us in our darkness.  

No comments:

Post a Comment