Friday, February 20, 2015

Ezekiel 12

(February 19, 2015)
                The Lord’s language here is certainly true – we know He is the Lord when He scatters us.  When we go through trials, and when we reach the point where we have nothing to cling to any more but Him and Him alone, and when we find Him there, we know that He is the Lord.  The challenge for each of us (for me in particular) is to remember He is the Lord when He is not scattering me.  When things are going well, I still have the tendency (after all He has done for me) to become slow to remember Him, to listen to and for Him, and to give my will over to Him (relying solely on Him).


                I suppose that is just human nature, but that is not an excuse.  The Atonement and His Grace gives us the opportunity to have our human nature changed – and I still have a ways to go in that respect.

No comments:

Post a Comment