Monday, February 23, 2015

Mosiah 3

(February 23, 2015)
                It continually amazing me how I can read a scripture over and over and over and still miss basic pieces of it.  For example, I had read this scripture I don’t know how many times but it never dawned on me that the verse on the natural man being an enemy to God was not prepared by Benjamin – it is still coming from the language of the angel.


                I don’t know if that makes any particular difference in the grand scheme of things, but I feel somehow that it does.  Rather than a mortal (albeit a prophet) talking about how our basic nature is in conflict with God, we instead have a Heavenly Being communicating that to us.  It seems to give the statement more power, in some respect, because the angel is freed from this mortal nature and thus able to more directly comment on that nature and its antagonism towards Divinity.

No comments:

Post a Comment