Monday, February 9, 2015

Jeremiah 45-47

(February 6, 2015)
                Looking at the big picture, the Babylonian Captivity seems to have been a key moment in the knowledge of the Lord going forth out of the nationalistic religion it had been and into becoming the worldwide religion it became.  I can’t imagine the people at that time could have understood it if you had told them that because of their captivity, the knowledge of the Lord would go forward into all the world, the world would progress to the point where just about every man and woman alive had heard of the Messiah, or that the most well-known book in the world began with “In the beginning…”


                So too with each of our lives.  Sometimes, looking back, I recognize that the greatest moments for my life were the moments that were the worst moments of my life (when I was going through them).  Having experienced that enough now in my life, I find myself better able to accept that when difficulties come I can trust the Lord to handle things and simply work on learning what He would have me to learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment