Monday, March 30, 2015

Alma 10

(March 22, 2015)
                A question of more than a little bit of concern to me is the fact that unrighteous lawyers and judges lay the foundation for the destruction of society.  I think it is fair to say that we are seeing that in our modern society today.  But that leaves me with the obvious question of what I am to do about it.  I don’t want to be an unrighteous lawyer, and I certainly don’t want to destroy society.


                A large part of me, admittedly, wants to follow the example of Alma and leave the judgment seat and retire to preaching the Gospel full-time.  But I don’t think that is what the Lord has in mind for me.  Instead, I need to better learn to fulfill my legal responsibilities while at the same time never losing sight of my more important responsibilities towards the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment