Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Ezekiel 44-45

(March 10, 2015)
                It would be interesting to read these chapters if I were on, for example, the Church Building Committee.  I imagine, had I the requisite background in architecture, that these chapters would reveal a great deal that we continue to use in our temple building today.  Obviously we are not laying our temples out in precisely the same manner, but if I had the knowledge and could compare what the Lord revealed here to what the common building practices of the day demanded, I imagine that there is a great deal to learn.


                I think there are similar lessons to be learned about interpreting scripture in general.  There are some (many, really) hard and fast rules of behavior and morality contained in the scriptures.  But there are other truths that can only be seen by comparing what the Lord was teaching with the common practices of the day – by doing this, we can come to an understanding of the principle that the Lord is advocating.  The only way to understand which are which is to draw from the Spirit and inspiration to guide us as we strive to know and follow the truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment