Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Ezekiel 40

(March 7, 2015)
                I am reminded, as I read this chapter, of a line from a popular show.  We are hearing only one side of a conversation between an atheist son and a believing mother.  He is exasperatedly stating that he doesn’t think that Jesus really cares about this or that, but after hearing something from the other side he is forced to conceded that he really doesn’t know what Jesus does or does not care about.


                The reason I share this is because this chapter shows that the Lord cares enough about the dimensions of the temple that He was willing to part the Veil, send an angel, and eventually speak to Ezekiel himself about it.  It seems to me, in my limited mortal understanding, to be something that the Lord wouldn’t care about – architecture, to me, isn’t an issue of morality.  But that shows something about me, and His interest shows something about Him.  I need to spend less time thinking about what should and should not interest the Lord and more time conforming my will and life to whatever He asks of me (regardless of which phase of my life it is in).

No comments:

Post a Comment