Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Mosiah 16-17

(March 5, 2015)
                We are, each of us, stuck inside our own heads.  I cannot imagine what it must be like for any other person in this world.  Thus we are left to guess what other people are thinking.  It is in that light that it is foolish to try and judge other people.

                I was thinking of this when I read these chapters and how we learn that the rebellious have never called for mercy from God.  I couldn’t really imagine that – I am certainly weak, sinful, and foolish but it seems so second nature to me to beg the Lord for mercy and strength and Grace that it is impossible for me to really imagine living a life without doing that.

                That, of course, raises the obvious question – is this something that I am doing right, or does everyone think (as I do) that they are calling on the Lord for mercy but in actuality their pride and self-will are preventing these calls from going past the ceiling.  I don’t know the answer to that (once again, another reason not to judge) but I do know that looking inward will cause me to be more serious and concerted in my effort to accept the Grace of God in bringing about His mercy.  So whether I am on the ‘good’ side of the line or the ‘bad’ side of the line, my condition is improved by focusing in on calling more strenuously for His mercy and bending my will more and more towards His.

No comments:

Post a Comment