Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Mosiah 9-10

(February 28, 2015)

                I have always been naïve – it has frustrated me more than a few times.  While my naivety is not something that is particularly helpful in my life, I have often taken comfort in the fact that the one fooled is often better off than the one who employs cunning to fool.  By the end of Zeniff’s life, he has recognized his mistakes and seems repentant for them.  He has tried (from the record we have) to have lived a good life and encouraged his people to do the same.  After all, Noah has to put down the priests Zeniff appointed because they wouldn’t let him get away with his behavior.  The king of the Lamanites, however, lives and dies without the Gospel and as a murderer.  Give the choice between Zeniff’s naivety and Laman’s cunning, I will gladly go the route of Zeniff every time (even if it seems to have negative mortal consequences).

No comments:

Post a Comment