Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Daniel 3

(March 14, 2015)
                How could I focus on anything else in this scripture than to be drawn to the powerful words of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-nego that the Lord could save them, but if not they would continue to worship the Lord.  I fear that too often my worship (or my obedience) is conditional.  If things are going well in my life, I find it easier to be obedient or kind or give service.  When my life is difficult, I will rationalize that I am too tired to serve, or while I was angry it was because of this circumstance or another in my life.

                What I am, in essence, saying is that the Lord can save me from my pain, but if not my service towards Him won’t be quite as strong as it would otherwise have been.  If I emulate Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-nego (and, of course, I should) then my answer would be that yes I am tired and yes the Lord can remove this tiredness from me…but if not, I will still be there early in the morning to set up chairs for Stake Conference.

No comments:

Post a Comment