Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Mosiah 24-25

(March 10, 2015)
                A couple of things grabbed my attention as I read today.  The first thing that I noticed was that the land of Shilom (for example) was not empty.  I think this indicates that the exodus of the people of Limhi was not a mass exodus of everyone but rather an exodus of a particular class and familial line.  This is once again consistent with the idea that the people of Lehi did not arrive on an empty continent.


                The second thought was how precisely the Lord created a duplicate set of conditions to contrast between the people of Limhi and the people of Alma.  Even their escape was identical in consequence (the guards sleeping) but different in method (Limhi relied on alcohol, while Alma relied on the Lord’s power).  I think that sometimes I am far too much like Limhi – seeking to create the conditions for the results that I want (even when those results are good and positive ones) and don’t rely enough on the Lord to bring those same good results (or better ones) about through His power and in His way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment