Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Ezekiel 36-37

(March 5, 2015)
                I was struck by a recurring theme in these chapters.  Some people are blessed, and by their blessing they will know that the Lord is the Lord.  Some people are cursed, and by their cursing they will know that the Lord is the Lord.  The obvious reason is that they will know this because Ezekiel prophesied it, but all too many of them will have never read or heard these prophecies.  No, I think that is too superficial.  I believe that the reason why they will know this is because regardless of what happens to us in life, it serves to testify that the Lord is the Lord.

                When blessings have come to my life, and I am grateful for them, I find my testimony strengthened and deepened.  When adversity strikes, and I rely on the Lord for my strength, I also find my testimony strengthened.  If faith has moral consequences, it must be a moral decision – and our response to the invitations of the Lord in our good times and are bad times are the issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment