Monday, September 1, 2014

1 Chronicles 18-21

(August 28, 2014)
                I had three thoughts through these chapters.  The first was the gory details of David’s warfare – hacking with saws and with axes.  It is hard to reconcile the fact that the man who wrote many of the Psalms was also a man so prone to violence and bloodshed.  The second thought was wondering again the significance of why numbering was wrong – I suppose it is just that it is relying on the arm of flesh rather than the arm of the Lord.


                Finally the three curses – three years of suffering through natural causes, three months by the cause of other men, and three days through direct intervention of the Lord.  I think that these relationships are similar with blessings.  Right now I look at certain relationships that I would have healed, and I realize that with time alone that healing could well take three years.  With the intervention of certain men and women working for the Lord’s purposes, that number could become three months.  But the Lord is not so constrained – should He so choose He could heal everything in three days.

No comments:

Post a Comment