Monday, September 1, 2014

1 Chronicles 29

(September 1, 2014)
                David, and his loss of his Exaltation, is a tricky issue to get my mind around.  But as I was reading this chapter, I had a thought that might be another explanation for what is going on.  I always before focused on David’s apparent piety and his desire to serve the Lord.  But what if that was masking the fact that he refused to acknowledge his guilt in the matter of Bathsheba?  What if he became so invested in his own righteousness that his other efforts (whether noble or otherwise) were counteracted by his unwillingness to repent?


                I understand that this might be over thinking – we know that murder is something that is unforgivable – but there seems to be more here (or at least an explanation as to why the truth is what it is).

No comments:

Post a Comment