Saturday, September 20, 2014

Alma 10

(September 20, 2014)
                The longer I live, the more examples I find in the Book of Mormon.  For a long time, my hero was Corianton, for his capacity to repent of his great sins and become an instrument in the Lord’s hands.  But, really, just about everyone was once an enemy to God and became over time His instrument.  Alma the Elder, Alma the Younger, Amulek (called many times but would not listen), Corinaton, Ammon, Aaron, Omner, Himni.


                There are times, when I feel overwhelmed by my mistakes, when I look at the shattered mess of my life that I have created through my mistakes and I wonder whether there is any reason to hope going forward.  Is there a purpose for me, or have I through my failures ended any usefulness which the Lord could have put me to.  But the Lord uses us all – just as soon as we are ready.  Perhaps there are some, such a Nephi, who grew to know the truth and be converted in their youth.  That, unfortunately, is not me (though I long though it was).  But, like Amulek, though I have been called over and over again and would not hear, I have reached the point where I am finally ready to listen and heed the call.  And the Lord has a purpose and a use for me, and that is enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment