Monday, September 8, 2014

2 Chronicles 9-11

(September 6, 2014)
                Satan’s plan was always control.  Looking back, it is impossible for me to understand why I didn’t understand that before, but when we engage in behavior designed to achieve a particular result that we want, we must be extraordinarily careful that we are fully respecting agency throughout.  Rehoboam followed the advice of his young (and foolish) counselors, and desired the power and control that he felt were his.  As such, he found to his detriment that the Lord was in charge of Israel and Judah – Rehoboam was at best a regional king under the auspices of the Heavenly King.

                Even now, having learned my lessons, I still think too practically about what will achieve the result that I desire or think is right rather than understanding and appreciating agency the way that I should.  But as I make it a central and protected concept, I am finding that I appreciate it all the more – both in myself, and in others.

No comments:

Post a Comment