Monday, September 29, 2014

Alma 19

(September 29, 2014)
                I still find it astonishing how hard some people try to avoid the truth of the Gospel.  These people had seen the king, queen, servants, and Ammon all fall to the Earth as if dead.  Then they saw someone struck down when they tried to kill Ammon.  They then saw each of them lifted up to preach Christ.


                If I saw that, I hope I know what my reaction would be.  But the moment they began to share the message, some people chose to leave – they would not hear.  Ending up in the Church, and accepting the Gospel of Jesus Christ, is not something that happens accidentally.  Those barely exposed to it can accept it wholeheartedly, while those put in the best situation to accept it can choose to reject it.  Ultimately we make our own decision whether we will hear or whether we will not hear.

No comments:

Post a Comment