Tuesday, September 9, 2014

2 Chronicles 17-18

(September 9, 2014)
                There will almost certainly be times when the Lord is telling us one thing while everyone else in the world is telling us something else.  I have noticed in my own life that while I intellectually understand that the Lord is omnipotent, as a practical matter I sometimes allow myself to not believe it.  Likewise, I intellectually understand that the Lord is omniscient, but sometimes I emotionally react as though He is not.


                If the Lord is telling me something – something to do or something to believe – then it does not matter who else in the world is telling me something different.  I find this characteristic in myself as I read through the various apologetics for the Book of Mormon – I think that there is ample evidence to support the historical authenticity of the book, but even if there was not and even if every expert in the world contradicted that book in every way it would not change the underlying truth of it because the Lord has told me that it is true.  And one voice (the Lord or His servants) is sufficient to counteract all the voices combined by everyone else in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment