Friday, September 5, 2014

Mosiah 19-20

(September 5, 2014)
                Gideon claims that it is better to be in bondage than to lose your life.  It is an interesting perspective, and one worthy of consideration.  For me, I have always thought of death as a relief (except for the period of time when my testimony failed me, when I thought of death as a terrifying thing).  But I suppose that, even knowing the truth of the Gospel, we should look at any form of life as a blessing.


                We were given this mortal life not only to test us, but also to refine us and make us into what the Lord would have us to be.  More time in mortality (even if that time is in bondage) means more time for the Lord to perform His work on our characters and make us ready for our eternal reward.  Thus, I think that Gideon is right – so long as we can do so without sin, we should look to preserve our lives even understanding that setting aside our mortal bodies isn’t the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment