Monday, September 8, 2014

2 Chronicles 14-16

(September 8, 2014)
                Asa is an interesting study.  On the one hand, he shows wisdom in his youth – recognizing that numbers don’t matter.  And they truly don’t – no matter what temporal measures are arrayed to bring us the results that we want (or what is arrayed against us that threaten to bring the results that we fear), the Lord is in charge and we can trust that He can accomplish anything that He chooses to accomplish.


                But later in his life, Asa has forgotten the lesson that he learned in his youth.  Instead of turning towards the Lord, Asa turns towards the Syrians for help.  I see that from time to time in my own life – as I acquire experience, I seek to resolve my own problems (sometimes through poorly-chosen methods) rather than trusting the Lord and following Him and leaving the rest to His Grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment