Monday, September 8, 2014

Mosiah 22-23

(September 7, 2014)
                My hero in the Book of Mormon always used to be Corianton, because of his capacity to repent and follow the Lord.  Here was this man who disobeyed his father, and his disobedience caused an entire city to be destroyed.  And yet, he managed to repent and quietly live up to his calling afterwards throughout his life.

                But this time through the Book of Mormon, I am beginning to realize just how common that story is.  It is not unique to Corinaton, but his father and grandfather were the same way.  The scriptures are full of those who failed – sometimes tragically and sometimes catastrophically – but who knew how to repent and who put their lives in order and still managed to serve the Lord and be useful to Him.


                When I look at the life I have lived to this point, and the mistakes that I have made thus far, seeing the examples from the scriptures of Alma, Alma, and Corianton brings me a great deal of hope that the Lord will still find a use for me.  It took my a long time to become converted the way that I ought to be (far longer than it should have), but I am ready and willing to become the person the Lord wants me to be and to do the things that He wants me to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment