Monday, September 1, 2014

Mosiah 12

(August 31, 2014)
                Once again, the dangers of claiming to be without sin are on display in this chapter.  It is fine for me to look at others and see this trait (and it is clearly apparent that there are those around me who believe they “are guiltless” and “hast not sinned,” but it is more important to look inward).


                There is no question that I have made mistakes, and there is no question that the mistakes that I have made have had negative impacts on those around me.  It is important to me that I focus in on the ways that I have fallen short, however, so I am not sucked into a similar trap of paying attention to the actions and failures of others rather than properly focusing in on myself.  I have fallen short, and I can only work on myself.  I might wish for others to examine their own lives, but that is beyond my capacity to require or request.  I can only keep my mind firmly on my own failures.

No comments:

Post a Comment