Monday, November 24, 2014

3 Nephi 7

(November 23, 2014)
                I wonder whether or not there is some sort of Earth-wide measure that determines what miracles are capable of being performed at a given time.  This may be a silly thought, but bear with me.  Raising the dead is a big deal – there were only a few recorded incidents of it in all the scriptures.  Christ, of course, performed this miracle during His mortal ministry, and Elijah performed it.  Then, of course, Nephi did as well.  But it was a rare thing.

                But what strikes me is that Nephi (one of only two people other than Christ to perform this miracle in the standard works that I can think of off hand) is ministering during the same time as Christ.  What that makes me wonder is whether during the time Christ was performing His mortal ministry, whether there was some mechanism that empowered the miracles and made them…more likely to occur, for lack of a better explanation.


                I don’t know that I will ever know the answer to this (almost assuredly I won’t know during mortality), but it is interesting to consider.

No comments:

Post a Comment