Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Helaman 8

(November 11, 2014)
                We see throughout the scriptures that we have been given evidences enough – language like this came from Faith Precedes the Miracle as well.  On the one hand, it is hard to accept that there are not those who are legitimately lost.  But as I think about it, I am beginning to understand how it is true.  It may take time – perhaps a lifetime – for the accumulated evidences sufficient to bring about ones conversion to arrive.  But they will eventually arrive – and step by step we will be brought to Christ if we allow it.  There may be those who doubt or question and these doubts or questions may not be predicated on sin or slothfulness.  But if we avoid sin and slothfulness in time we will be brought to the knowledge of our Redeemer – no one will be left in the dark that honestly continued to try to enter the light.


                This is consistent with my own experiences.  At the time when I most struggled with my testimony I was living the Gospel to the best of my ability.  I had a genuine desire to know the truth.  I was praying and fasting and doing everything I knew to do and yet for a time I was still lost in doubt.  And yet, that doubt ultimately was replaced by a much stronger testimony than I had before I questioned.  Doubt, as a stage in life, is not a sin – but I think that if we choose to remain there it becomes a sin.

No comments:

Post a Comment