Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Psalms 63-67

(November 5, 2014)
                David’s counsel in praise in these psalms was inspiring to me.  David recognized the refiner’s fire that he had passed through, and knew that he was reaching (or had reached) a place of comfort and security.  He understood what a blessing both halves of that equation were – that he had been tried like silver and that this trial was over.

                His point is very well taken, however.  He clearly recognized the importance of remembering his trials now that he was on the far side of them and maintaining the lessons that he had learned.  So it is with each of us – we are blessed with trials and hardships and difficulties (even if they don’t feel like it at the time).  These trials have the capacity to make us into the people the Lord would have us to be, if we will allow them to.  But even if we are changed by our trials, the challenge is not over because we need to maintain that change even if our lives become easier in the future.


                As things currently stand, I am in the midst of a difficult trial.  I am humbled by the growth that I have experienced over the past year – a painful growth, to be sure (and if I could go backwards in time it would be difficult to choose this path – which is yet more proof that it is a good thing the Lord is in charge).  I am anxious to reach the point where I have been refined by this trial sufficiently for the Lord to bless me with stability and peace.  I trust that I will eventually receive this blessing.  But in the meantime, I understand that my purpose is to continue to grow (both in hardship and in peace) and to ensure that the lessons I have learned this past year are not forgotten or abandoned as I begin to receive the further blessings the Lord has in store for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment